Tuesday, May 19, 2009

zinedine doin' work


Spike Lee's inspiration for his documentary on Kobe Bryant is derived from another sports documentary that focuses on the french soccer icon Zinedine Zidane. Like Kobe Doin' Work, Zidane: A 2st Century Portrait is filmed in real time with 17 cameras. They were able to capture the footballer, more popularly known as Zizou, during the Spanish Liga Real Madrid vs. Villarreal CF game on April 23, 2005. The film debuted at the 2006 Edinburgh International Film Festival and touts a soundtrack created by the British band, Mogwai. Definitely going to get my hands on this one, both because it looks great and also because (and Ehrlich you may agree) Zizou reminds me of a cross between Arnold Vosloo and Hitman. I said Arnold Vosloo even though I could have said Billy Zane but Arnold Vosloo is way more obscure and I feel good about myself on days I can make Arnold Vosloo references.



Link to official website

No comments:

Post a Comment